Summer Session for Visiting Students
The summer program at SNU provides an opportunity for students from abroad to participate in both undergraduate and graduate classes offered in SNU‘s summer session. Summer Session and International Summer Institute are two different programs.
Non-Korean students who have completed at least one semester in their degree related course and currently attending a university outside Korea. Therefore, only persons who have a non-Korean passport can apply to the 2007 SNU Summer Session Program.
Documents for Application
① One completed Application Form (Download attached file.)
② A Certificate of Enrollment from the university that you are currently attending
③ An Official University Transcript
④ One photo copy of the applicant's valid passport
- In filling out ①, please download the application form and fill them out properly, and print out a copy.
- Include ① with the rest of the application materials as stated in ② through ④ and send it by registered or express mail to:
Office of International Affairs (Building No.152)
Seoul National University
San 56-1, Shillim-dong, Gwanak-gu
Seoul 151-742, Korea
Important: We will send a receipt note within 2 working days from the time that we receive your application. If you have sent your application early enough but have not received an email from us, it is highly recommended that you check if your documents are properly sent.
Admission Time Table
|2007 SNU Summer Session|
|April 25||Application Deadline (All application documents via mail MUST arrive at the Office of International Affairs by 18:00 (GMT +9:00))|
|May 3||Notification of Acceptance and SNU ID number|
|May 7 ~ 11||Course Registration (Online)|
|May 16||1st Announcement of Course Cancellation by SNU*|
|May 21 ~ 23||1st Course change period (online)|
|May 28 ~ June 1||Payment of Tuition Fee|
|June 8||2nd Announcement of Course Cancellation by SNU**|
|June 18||Summer Session Starts|
|July 9||Course Cancellation Deadline|
|Aug 10||Summer Session Ends|
|Aug 14||Submission deadline of grades (for professors)|
* SNU registrar makes it a rule to cancel the courses when less than 20 students are registered for that course. We will post the course codes & titles of courses canceled by SNU through OIA website ( http://oia.snu.ac.kr ) notice page. You must check whether the courses you have selected have been cancelled during the period indicated above. If the courses you have applied to are cancelled by SNU, you can select another course or you can get refund of the tuition fee in case you have already paid for that course. To learn more about this, please refer to section (8) & (9).
1) Limits for Credits: up to 9 credit points for both undergraduates and graduates
2) Course list: In Korean or In English
3) Course Registration
- Register online at : http://sugang.snu.ac.kr
- Registration Period: 7-11 May (The website operates during the course registration period only)
- Further information will be informed via an email along with your acceptance notification.
Tuition Fee and Payment Process
1) Tuition Fee : (All payments should be made in Korean won)
|Lecture||￦ 73,000 (per credit)|
|Practical Training, Lab||￦ 78,000 (per credit)|
Note: Some sports courses which need to borrow facilities off campus may request additional fees.
2) Payment Method :
- Print-out the bill from http://portal.snu.ac.kr
- Payment Period: May 28 (Mon) ~June 1 (Fri), 9:30-16:30
- Payment in Korea: at any Nonghyup or Shinhan Bank
- Payment from overseas: wire transfer by May 31
Bank: National Agricultural Cooperative Federation (Nonghyup)
Swift Code: NACFKRSE
Account No.: 079-01-424800
Account Holder: Office of International Affairs
* The name of wirer should include last 3 digits of your student ID given by SNU and your name in it.
Important: Please note that the transaction should be completed by May 31 when you wire your tuition fee. If you do not pay the full amount of the tuition fee, your registration will be cancelled automatically. You may pick up your payment receipt at the OIA from 10 June onwards.
Attched File : Full guideline and and application form.