Faculty Opening: College of Music, Seoul National University, Spring, 2007
The College of Music at Seoul National University will accept applications for a full time tenure-track faculty position in Piano.
Responsibilities: Studio instruction of graduate and undergraduate students, participation in faculty governance, student advising and other duties as stipulated by the College.
Qualifications: DMA or equivalent in education or professional experience. Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. May teach in Korean or English. Housing assistance may be available.
Expected start date: September 1, 2007. Application deadline: All materials must be received by April 30, 2007.
In accordance with University regulations, applicants must submit the following:
* Application form. (see the attached file)
1. Recordings (CD or DVD 1 copy each), dissertations that add up to between
200 and 400 credits (explained below) made within 3 years from the application
deadline. (A) solo recital: 100 credits, (B) concerto: 70 credits (C) duo or
triple concerto: 30 credits (D) chamber music (including accompanying):
30 credits. (E) published doctoral dissertation : 100credits. At least
one solo recital is obligatory.
2. Degree certificates and transcripts.
3. Resume or curriculum vitae.
4. Introductory letter stating interest in job, important accomplishments, etc.
5. Letter stating your goals in teaching and research/performance.
6. 2 letters of recommendation by other musicians.
It is highly recommended that all application materials be sent by registered express mail or express air courier service. Please send inquiries and application to:
Prof. KwiHyun Kim
Chairman, Department of Instrumental Music
College of Music, Seoul National University
Gwanakgu Shillimdong San 56-1
Seoul, Korea 151-742
Tel : 82(country code)2-880-7971
Fax : 82(country code)2-884-9427